2018 Phakyab Labrang Tara and Shamatha Teachings and Retreat
This December Rinpoche will give the first annual teachings at Phakyab Labrang at Sera May Monastery in South India.
DATES: December 5 – 18, 2018 from Bangalore.
TEACHING: 5 Day Tara and 2 Day Shamatha retreat.
LOCATION: The teachings and retreats will be held at Sera Mey Monastery in Bylakuppe, South India located near the South Indian town of Kushalanagar in Karnataka state. Group travel and accomodations begin from Bangalore (Bengaluru).
TRAVEL DATES: December 5-19, 2018 (14 days/nights)
- Dec 5, 2018. All travel participants arrive to Bangalore and we will spend the night here.
- Dec 6, 2018. Travel by bus to Mysore (approx 4 1/2hr travel time). Lunch in Mysore, then continue to Sera Monastery (approx 2hr travel time) with local accommodations in the guesthouses nearby.
- Dec 7, 2018. Registration day, complete local travel documents, rest.
- Dec 8-12, 2018 5 Day Green Tara retreat
- Dec 13, 2018. 1 Day break, rest.
- Dec 14-15 Shamatha retreat instructions/meditation.
- Dec 16 Participants attend Thanksgiving puja with Sera Mey monastery monks.
- Dec 17 Participants free to tour neighboring monasteries.
- Dec 18, 2018. Participants return via group travel to Bangalore and spend the night in a guesthouse.
- Dec 19, 2018 Participants return home.
COST: $1700 USD includes food, travel and lodging (details to follow) from Bangalore.
DEADLINE: All retreat participants need to obtain a PAP (Protected Area Permit) from the Indian Government. The form and instructions are downloadable from here or the button below. The PAP can take up to 3 months to obtain so all participants are requested to complete a PAP application and return it to us by AUGUST 31, 2018. This is a short deadline, so please return the application ASAP along with an email verification of your intent to participate.
Protected Area Permit (PAP) Required information: In order to obtain the PAP form, you will need a valid passport from your home country valid through the dates of your travel to India. You are now able to obtain an E-Visa on arrival to India. If you already have a valid Indian Visa you will need to provide the details along with your application. Required documents include:
- PAP Application SIGNED (no digital signatures, you must print out the application, sign it and rescan it)
- 2×2″ Passport-style photo.
- copy of valid passport ID page and visa page if available.
- return the required information (in one email) to email@example.com as a .pdf file. Please email with any questions about how to submit the information.